P.O. Box 6015
300 S. Providence
Columbia, MO 65205
Guidelines and Forms
- Applicant must submit all required information in accordance with instructions using the online application system by May 1, 2016, at 11:59 p.m. to be considered for FY2017 funding. The Commission on Cultural Affairs will only consider complete applications.
- CLICK HERE to access online application. Create only one account per organization.
- Budget forms are provided and must be used. Additional sheets will not be accepted.
- Specific artists must be named as well as the specific program(s).
- Applications completed by April 1, 2016, may be reviewed by OCA staff with feedback by April 15, 2016.
- After Commission review, appropriation levels will be recommended to the City Council for final action as part of the city’s overall FY 2017 budget process.
Applications must address projects occurring between October 1, 2016, and December 31, 2017. Please note that due to the city’s fiscal year, approved projects in October and November will not receive funding before they occur.
After the deadline, each member of the Commission on Cultural Affairs reviews applications. Commissioners may contact the applicant if they have questions about the application, but applicants should not initiate contact with Commissioners as they should not feel as if they are being lobbied. Commissioners score each application based on the project guidelines and evaluation criteria, with the best possible score of 100. Scores are then averaged; the average becomes the basis of a ranking for all applications. Dollars are allocated using a mathematical formula to determine preliminary funding levels, which are then finalized by the Commission. The formula has a direct relationship to each application's score and ranking, thereby rewarding those applications that most clearly and directly meet the guidelines and address the criteria of the funding program. Applications receiving an average score of 59 or less will not be funded.
- February 1, 2016... Online applications first available. Eligible organizations are able to set up accounts with Foundant Technologies (only one account per organization).
- February 8, 2016 - Funding application workshop, 5:15 p.m. at Walton Building Community Room
- February 25, 2016 - Funding application workshop, 5:15 p.m. at Walton Building Community Room
- April 1, 2016...Optional draft deadline for OCA staff review of application for completeness
- April 15, 2016...Staff feedback to organizations submitting for the optional draft review
- May 1, 2016...Application due by 11:59 p.m.
- June 13, 2016...Commission on Cultural Affairs funding work session, 5 p.m. Contact the OCA to confirm meeting location. Meeting is open to the public; applicants are encouraged to attend to observe
- TBD...Letters to applicants with Commissioner’s funding recommendations and comments
- July 11, 2016...Commission’s public hearing on funding recommendations. Contact the OCA to confirm the meeting date, time and location
- August 2016 (date TBA)...Funding recommendations presented to the City Council for approval during the city’s overall budget process
- October 2016...Contracts prepared and presented to City Council for approval; contracts sent to arts organizations with information regarding stipulations and revisions
- December 15, 2016...Contract, revised narrative, budget and response to any stipulation(s) are due back to the OCA. Funding cannot be released until all paperwork is completed and on file with the OCA. Failure to return the executed contract and required revisions by the due date may result in the loss of city funding for current fiscal year.
- Due to the city's fiscal year, projects in October and November will not receive funding before they occur.
- City funding is conditional on meeting the timeline herein set out. If guidelines are not met, the Commission on Cultural Affairs may recommend to City Council that a funding award be withdrawn.
- If funding is received, a final report of the project is due within 45 days after its end date; 10% of each contract will be held until the report is submitted. If the report is not received after 90 days, the 10% is forfeited.