P.O. Box 6015
300 S. Providence
Columbia, MO 65205
- Applicant must submit all required information in accordance with instructions to the Office of Cultural Affairs (OCA) by 5 p.m. on May 1, 2013 to be considered for FY 2014 funding. The Commission on Cultural Affairs will only consider complete applications.
- Budget forms are provided and must be used. Additional sheets will not be accepted.
- The entire application must be typed using at least 12 point type.
- Narratives must not exceed five pages and must have line spacing of 1.5 and 1 inch margins on all sides.
- Narratives must re-state the question being answered. Questions must be in the order listed in the instructions.
- Specific artists must be named as well as the specific program(s).
- Applications submitted by April 1, 2013, will be reviewed by OCA staff with feedback by April 15, 2013.
- After Commission review, appropriation levels will be recommended to the City Council for final action as part of the city’s overall FY 2014 budget process.
Applications must address projects occurring between October 1, 2013 and December 31, 2014. Please note that due to the city’s fiscal year, projects in October and November may not receive funding before they occur.
The completed application must be collated with all required attachments according to stated guidelines. Handwritten applications will not be accepted. To be considered, applications must arrive no later than 5 p.m. May 1, 2013, at the following address: Office of Cultural Affairs, Arts Funding Program, 300 S. Providence Road, PO Box 6015, Columbia, MO 65205.
- If mailed, applications must be received in the OCA on or before 5 p.m., May 1, 2013.
- Due to the city’s internal mailing system, please allow extra time. This is not a postmark deadline.
- February 1, 2013...first day applications available at the OCA, 300 S. Providence Road, hours are Mon. thru Fri., 8 a.m. to noon, 1 to 5 p.m.
- April 1, 2013...Optional early deadline for OCA staff review of application for completeness
- April 15, 2013...Staff feedback to organizations submitting for draft review
- May 1, 2013...Applications due, 5 p.m. This is not a postmark deadline. Mail or deliver to: Office of Cultural Affairs, Arts Funding Program, 300 S. Providence Road, PO Box 6015, Columbia, MO 65205. If mailed, applications must be received in the OCA on or before 5 p.m., May 1, 2013. Due to the city’s internal mailing system, please allow extra time.
- June 10, 2013...Commission on Cultural Affairs funding work session, 5 p.m., contact the OCA to confirm meeting; the meeting is open to the public, and applicants are encouraged to attend to observe the process. Letters to applicants with Commission’s recommendations and comments will be sent after the meeting.
- July 8, 2013...Commission’s public hearing on recommendations, 5 p.m.; contact the OCA to confirm meeting location
- August 2013...Funding recommendations presented to City Council for approval during the city's overall budget process; City Council Chambers in City Hall. Date TBD.
- October/November 2013...Contracts prepared and presented to City Council for approval; contracts sent to arts organizations with information regarding stipulations and revisions
- December 16, 2013...Contracts, revised narratives and budgets due back to the OCA. Funding cannot be released until all paperwork is completed and on file with the OCA. Failure to return the executed contract and required revisions by the due date may result in the loss of city funding for the current fiscal year.
- Due to the city's fiscal year, projects in October and November will not receive funding before they occur.
- City funding is conditional on meeting the timeline herein set out. If guidelines are not met, the Commission on Cultural Affairs may recommend to City Council that a funding award be withdrawn.
- If funding is received, a final report of the project is due within 45 days after its end date; 10% of each contract will be held until the report is submitted. If the report is not received after 90 days, the 10% is forfeited.
Additional Annual Funding Information
Contact the OCA for an application or use the below-listed resources, including the online form, to apply. Applications in a suitable format for persons with disabilities are available upon request.