P.O. Box 6015
300 S. Providence
Columbia, MO 65205
As you write your narrative regularly refer to the guidelines and evaluation criteria.
Describe the primary purpose and mission of the lead organization.
Describe the proposed project, its objectives, how those objectives will be realized, the need for the project, who the target audiences are and how the project fulfills the mission of your organization. State how you will use city funds, if awarded. Consider the cost per participant (divide the total project budget by the estimated number of participants to get cost per person; for example, if your total project budget is $12,000 and you estimate that you will have 300 participants, the cost per person is $40). If there are specific reasons why the cost it high (i.e. accommodations for disabled populations, transportation, etc.), explain what they are.
Educational Quality of the Project...answer these questions if you are preparing an education or combined proposal; do not answer them if you are preparing a presentation proposal
Artistic Quality of the Project...answer these questions only if you are preparing a presentation or combined proposal; do not answer them if you are preparing an education proposal
Describe how this project will provide arts programming to previously unreached or under-served audiences at an affordable price and increase the availability of quality arts experiences to all Columbia residents. How will the projects be accessible to individuals with disabilities?
Marketing...Delineate the promotion and publicity plan as it relates directly to the project application. Select your best examples from past projects and include in your supplementary materials (see Preparing an Application). Describe efforts other than the Office of Cultural Affairs' Art News newsletter and Art & Culture radio advertising.
Management Capabilities...Describe the ability of the applicant organization to complete the project successfully including such indicators as governing board, adequate and experienced project personnel and fiscal management capabilities.
Fiscal Development...Describe the methods used in the development of funding support for this project. Be sure to describe funding sources other than what you are requesting from the city’s Office of Cultural Affairs.
Type the following questions, numbered and in order, then answer them using no more than five pages total. *Note: the format and number of questions differs from past years' applications.
1. Primary purpose and mission of the organization.
2. Description of the proposed project, its objectives, how the objectives will be realized, the need for the project, who the target audiences are and how the project fulfills the organization’s mission.
3. How city funds will be used, if awarded, and cost per person (divide total project budget by the number of participants).
4. Description of the educational and/or artistic quality of the project(s)
5. Description of how the project will provide arts programming to previously unreached or underserved audiences at an affordable price and increase the availability of quality arts experiences to all Columbia residents, including how the project will be accessible to individuals with disabilities.
6. Description of the promotion and publicity plan as it relates directly to the project.
7. Description of the organization’s ability to complete the project successfully.
8. Description of methods used in developing funding support for the project, other than this request.
Contact the Office of Cultural Affairs for an application or use the below-listed resources, including the online form, to apply. Applications in a suitable format for persons with disabilities are available upon request.