P.O. Box 6015
300 S. Providence
Columbia, MO 65205
Postmark Deadline: Friday March 23
Each year since 1992 the City of Columbia Office of Cultural Affairs produces an annual Commemorative Poster. The poster communicates the vitality and beauty of mid Missouri and the significance of the arts. The official poster is unveiled at an exciting get-together of arts enthusiasts in August and is available for purchase year-round. An award of $1,000 is presented to the artist for the right to reproduce artwork for the poster.
- artists residing in the state of Missouri are eligible to apply ; previous winners not eligible
- work in all media is considered
- existing or newly created work may be submitted
- if entry is not owned by you, the artist, written permission from the owner to enter the piece must be submitted with the entry
- previous winners are not eligible
- entries postmarked after March 23 cannot be considered
- print, complete and mail the application form
- include a maximum of ten images for consideration
- images must be submitted digitally (see application form for specific guidelines)
- include a self-addressed envelope with adequate postage for return of CD-ROM, or it will be disposed of after the selection process
- written permission for any works not owned by artist
For more information: contact the OCA.
Financial assistance for this project has been provided by the Missouri Arts Council, a state agency.