Section 10-1 Definitions.
Prior to the adoption of Ord. 19672 on 09/17/2007, Section 10-1 read as follows.
The purposes of this chapter are to:
(1) Establish a non-discriminatory local policy
concerning cable systems, open video
systems, and private communication systems that use the public rightsofway;
(2) Promote the availability of diverse, multimedia
information resources to the community;
(3) Provide for enhancing educational opportunities
throughout the community and building
a stronger community;
(4) Encourage the provision of advanced and competitive
cable or open video system
services on the widest possible basis to the businesses, institutions and residents of the city;
(5) Encourage economic development while preserving
aesthetic and other community
values and preventing proliferation of aboveground facilities; and
(6) Establish the potential for universal access
to video programming services for all
residents and businesses.
The definitions set forth in Sec. 67.2677 RSMo shall apply to this chapter.
(Ord. No. 18917, § 2, 3-6-06)