Section 10-33 Reserved.
Prior to the adoption of Ord. 21467 on 10/01/2012, Section 10-33 read as follows.
(a) The city manager shall appoint a staff liaison
to work with the committee.
(b) The committee shall have the following duties
(1) Advise the city council on allocation of designated revenue for public
(2) Determine the need for public communications services that will
enhance the ability of
Columbia citizens to learn about community issues and communicate with government officials.
(3) With the assistance of the staff liaison, administer an objective,
competitive process to
solicit applications for funding, assess applicants ability to provide proposed services and
recommend to the city council the appropriate service providers. Recommendations shall be
submitted to the city council as a part of the annual budget process. If an applicant has
previously received funding from the city for public communications services, the committee
shall review the applicants performance before recommending additional funds.
(4) Review, as necessary, the provision of public communications services
in the City of
Columbia and recommend measures for increasing effectiveness and efficiency whenever
(5) Perform other duties as directed by the city council.
(Ord. No. 19853, § 1, 3-17-08)