Chapter 11 HEALTH AND SANITATION*
Section 11-365 Regulation of premises.
Operators shall comply with the following regulations:
(1) Tattoo establishments and equipment
shall be maintained in a sanitary manner. This
includes physical cleanliness as well as antiseptic precautions.
(2) Tattoo establishments shall be equipped
with hot and cold running water. Adequate toilet
facilities with soap and towels properly installed and in compliance with applicable ordinances,
rules and regulations of the city shall be provided.
(3) The premises shall be kept clean
and free of vermin at all times. There shall be no fly or
mosquito breeding places or rodent harborages on the premises. Animals shall not be allowed in
the tattooing room. Litter shall not be permitted to accumulate on the premises.
(4) Tattoo establishments shall be well
lit with not less than fifty (50) foot-candles in all
cleaning and working areas.
(5) Tattoo establishments shall have
ventilation as required by applicable ordinances, rules
and regulations of the city.
(6) Floors, walls and ceilings of tattoo
establishments shall be clean and in good repair.
(7) Adequate equipment and facilities
shall be provided for the disposition of cigarette butts
and other disposable items.
(8) All tables and chairs used in the
tattooing process shall be constructed of a material
allowing easy and thorough cleaning and shall be maintained in a clean and sanitary condition.
(9) The director shall be permitted access
to all areas of the premises and all records at any
(Ord. No. 15145, § 1, 2-3-97)