Chapter 13 LICENSES, PERMITS AND MISCELLANEOUS BUSINESS REGULATIONS*
Section 13-25 Transfer of license.
(a) When authorized. A licensee hereunder shall have the right to transfer
his license to
another person provided he shall:
(1) Approval of license administrator. Obtain
written permission from the business license
administrator for such transfer.
(2) Method of transfer. Execute the transfer
in the form and under the conditions required
by law and as prescribed by the license administrator.
(3) Notification. Promptly report the completed
act of transfer to the license administrator.
(4) Surrender license. Promptly surrender any
(5) Payment of investigation fee. The transferee
shall make application for a license and pay
the investigation fee provided for in section 13-22(a)(4).
(b) New license. Upon the completion of a transfer of license in compliance
(a) above, the license administrator shall issue a new license to the transferee for the unexpired
term of the old license.
(1) Effect of new license. The new license issued
hereunder shall authorize the transferee to
engage in the same business at the same location or at such other place as shall be approved by
the license administrator and named in the new license.
(2) Transfer fee. The license administrator shall
collect a transfer fee of five dollars ($5.00)
from the transferee prior to the issuance of the new license.
(Code 1964, § 11.100; Ord. No. 15454, § 1. 12-1-97)
(15454, Amended, 12/01/1997, Prior Text)