Section 13-49 Application for license.
Prior to the adoption of Ord. 19518 on 05/07/2007, Section 13-49 read as follows.
(a) Application for armed guard and security guard licenses shall be made upon
prepared and made available by the business license supervisor and shall state:
(1) The full name, age, residence, present and previous
occupations of applicant;
(2) A specific description of the location of the principal
place of business of the applicant;
(3) The extent of training and experience the applicant
has had with firearms, if the applicant
is seeking an armed guard license;
(4) The length of time applicant has been a bona fide
citizen of the United States and a
resident of the State of Missouri immediately preceding the filing of the application;
(5) A specific description and if available, a picture
or duplicate of the uniform, badge,
shoulder patch, identification card and any logo or insignia to be used by applicant;
(6) Such other information as the business license administrator
shall find reasonably
necessary to effectuate the general purpose of this article and to make a fair determination of
whether the terms hereof have been complied with.
(b) Applications required hereunder shall be accompanied by the applicable fee
as set forth in
pplications shall be accompanied by a full set of fingerprints made by an
approved law enforcement agency ,
a photograph , and a background check performed by the Missouri Highway Patrol, certified
within thirty (30) days of application.
The department of finance shall obtain a criminal record
check of the applicant.
(Ord. No. 10810, § 1, 12-2-85; Ord. No. 11482, § 1, 5-18-87)