Chapter 16 OFFENSES AND MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS*
Section 16-141 Assault.
(a) A person commits the crime of assault if:
(1) He attempts to cause or recklessly
causes physical injury to another person; or
(2) With criminal negligence he causes
physical injury to another person by means of a
deadly weapon; or
(3) He purposely places another person
in apprehension of immediate physical injury; or
(4) He recklessly engages in conduct
which creates a grave risk of death or serious physical
injury to another person; or
(5) He knowingly causes physical contact
with another person knowing the other person will
regard the contact as offensive or provocative.
(b) Assault is a class A misdemeanor unless committed under
subparagraphs (a)(3) or (5) of
this section, in which case it is a class C misdemeanor.
(Code 1964, § 7.700)
State law reference(s)--Similar provisions, RSMo. § 565.070.