Section 19-88 Additional payments.
Prior to the adoption of Ord. 18254 on 09/20/2004, Section 19-88 read as follows.
(a) The city manager may authorize
cash bonus additional
payments to employees:
(1) In lieu of or in addition to merit raises;
(2) For instances of exceptional performance;
(3) For successfully assuming additional
advanced responsibilities on a temporary
(4) For providing a suggestion which results in significant
(5) For working significantly and meritoriously beyond
the normal work schedule and being
ineligible for formal overtime remuneration.
Every six (6) months the city manager shall provide the council
with a concise summary of
any special increases granted within the context of this section.
(c) Such payments shall not exceed ten (10) percent of the
employee's annual prevailing rate of
pay without the approval of the city council.
(Code 1964, § 22.520)