Section 2-107 Request by council members for rezoning ordinances.

    Any council member desiring the preparation of an ordinance to change the existing zoning of any property, other than property owned by that council member, shall first request a report from the planning director, which shall include available facts regarding all prior zoning, existing zoning, existing land use, and proposed zoning of such property, and such other factual information as the planning director deems pertinent. If, after reviewing the report, the council member desires the preparation of an ordinance to rezone such property, the council member shall request the preparation of a resolution directing the staff to draft an ordinance to present for consideration by the council to rezone such property. Passage of the resolution by the council shall be required for staff preparation of such ordinance.

(Code 1964, § 2.535)