Chapter 2 ADMINISTRATION*
Section 2-263 Duties.
The Downtown Columbia Leadership Council (DCLC) shall have the following duties:
(1) Periodically review the boundaries of the expanded downtown development concept
and study area as defined in the "Downtown Columbia Leadership Columbia Interim Report"
dated May, 2009 (roughly Garth Avenue to Business Loop 70 to Old Highway 63 to Stewart
Road and the northern edge of the University of Missouri campus).
(2) Monitor current assets and additional opportunities within the expanded study
would assist in the area's redevelopment.
(3) Advise city staff and consultants on preparation of a blight/conservation
preparation of a Missouri Downtown and Rural Economic Stimulus Act (MODESA) application.
(4) Work with city-funded consultants to conduct annual downtown planning activities
create a comprehensive downtown strategic plan.
(5) Recommend to the city council possible development guidelines and physical
(6) Monitor the implementation of recommendations resulting from the downtown
charrette project and future DCLC downtown planning projects.
(7) Review and comment on all future downtown public finance mechanisms including
increment financing (TIF), Brownfields and other economic incentives.
(8) Provide downtown awareness and outreach to include, but not limited to, DCLC
report (measurables, progress, investment, jobs, etc.), annual downtown awards program and
quarterly downtown seminars and presentations.
(9) The DCLC shall meet regularly and at the call of the chair. The chair is
excuse any member from attendance at a meeting; provided, that the member had requested to be
excused at least one (1) day before the meeting. Members who are absent, without being
excused, from twenty-five (25) percent of the regular meetings held in a calendar year shall
automatically forfeit their office. Members who are absent from three (3) consecutive regular
meetings shall automatically forfeit their office. It shall be the duty of the chair to promptly
notify the city council of any such vacancy. The DCLC shall have the power to adopt its own
additional procedural regulations, provided that such regulations are consistent with city
ordinances and state law.
(10) Work on other projects requested
by the city council.
Editor's note--Ord. No. 21571, § 1, adopted January 7, 2013, recodified Article
V. The previous
applicable sections were Sections 2-280 - 2
(Ord. 21571, Added, 01/07/2013)