Section 2-337 Duties.
Prior to the adoption of Ord. 21681 on 05/20/2013, Section 2-337 read as follows.
The commission shall have the following duties:
(1) Advise city staff with regard to transit policy and safety matters concerning
transit issues affecting the city, for example, conventional vehicles, transit, alternative
accessibility, and customer amenities.
(2) Serve as a sounding board for citizen transit, pedestrian and safety and
access issues and
make recommendations to the city council and city staff for appropriate action.
(3) Recommend rules and procedures governing public transit service programs,
facilities considering regulatory guidelines, service improvements, and activities of persons
utilizing transit services and facilities.
(4) Aid in the development of a city transportation improvement program by providing
input on needed projects for submission to the metropolitan planning organization.
(5) Create and review surveys and facilitate public input on public transit programming
(6) Recommend and promote marketing strategies for community outreach programs
to strengthen the transit image, increase usage, and integrate its role within the community.
(7) Study issues arising under the Columbia Transit Master Plan as they relate
transportation, make recommendations to the city council and metropolitan planning
organization, and prepare reports to aid in the development, implementation and general
improvement of the master plan relating to the public transit in the city.
(8) Other duties assigned by the city council.
Editor's note--Ord. No. 21571, § 1, adopted January 7, 2013, recodified Article
V. The previous
applicable sections were Sections 2-375.09 - 2-375.14.