Chapter 2 ADMINISTRATION*
Section 2-357 Duties.
The Mayor's Council on Physical Fitness and Health shall have the following
(1) Promote and support the mission of the United States President's Council
Fitness and Sport at the municipal level.
(2) Sponsor and support local physical fitness and health promotion activities.
(3) Educate the public about the importance of regular physical activity, nutrition,
cessation, weight control, and other health promoting activities.
(4) Support and encourage individuals, civic groups, professional associations,
organizations to promote personal health and fitness.
(5) Identify local fitness and health resources and facilitate their involvement
in the promotion
of fitness and health activities.
(6) Recognize outstanding programs, contributions and individual achievements
fitness and health promotion.
(7) Submit an annual report to the city council.
(8) Assist schools, businesses and other organizations in developing and implementing
fitness and health promotion programs.
(9) Work in concert with city administration in preparation and submission of
(Ord. No. 21664, § 1, 4-15-13)
(Ord. 21664, Added, 04/15/2013)