Section 2-46 Order of business.
Prior to the adoption of Ord. 018212 on 09/07/2004, Section 2-46 read as follows.
The order of business of the council, unless otherwise determined, shall be
(1) Introductory items:
a. Roll call;
b. Approval of previous minutes;
c. Approval and adjustment of
d. Finalization of consent agenda--Council
and public to indicate any items on which
comment is requested.
(2) Special items.
(3) Scheduled public comment.
(4) Public hearings, with or without bills.
(5) Old business (items not included on consent agenda):
reading by title;
reading by council bill number;
consideration of ordinances.
b. Resolutions: Final consideration
of resolutions previously introduced.
(6) Consent agenda, which shall be all bills and resolutions
ready for final consideration
except bills requiring an advertised public hearing, or bills on which comment is requested by
any member of the city council or the public, or bills requiring a super majority vote.
a. Second and third reading by
council bill number of all bills on the consent agenda;
b. Reading of resolutions by
c. Final consideration of consent
(7) Resolutions not on consent agenda.
(8) Introduction and first reading of ordinances by council
(9) Reports and petitions.
(10) Appointments to boards and commissions.
(11) General comments by public, council
, and staff
(Code 1964, § 2.180; Ord. No. 10017, § 1, 12-5-83; Ord. No. 12913, § 1, 3-18-91; Ord.
14821 § 1, 4-15-96)