Chapter 23 SIGNS*
Section 23-24 Theater signs--Generally.
Anything to the contrary in this chapter notwithstanding,
theaters and drive-in theaters shall be
allowed any two (2) of the following five (5) types of signs:
(1) One marquee sign not to exceed
two (2) square feet for every linear foot of building
(2) One wall sign not to exceed the
maximum surface area allowed under section 23-25.1.
(3) One freestanding sign with a maximum
of two hundred eighty-eight (288) square feet in
area and thirty (30) feet in height. However, no sign shall be greater in area than thirty-two (32)
square feet for each screen in the theater, plus thirty-two (32) square feet.
(4) Each establishment of one or two
(2) stories may be allowed one on-premise roof sign for
each wall facing a street. The maximum sign surface area shall be determined at the rate of two
(2) square feet per linear foot of building frontage. No roof signs shall exceed the highest point
of the roofs upon which they are located.
(5) One awning sign not to exceed
the maximum surface area allowed under section 23-25.1.
(Code 1964, § 19.910; Ord. No. 11793, § 1, 3-7-88; Ord. No. 13191, §
1, 12-16-91; Ord. No.
13192, § 1, 12-16-91; Ord. No. 13898, § 1, 12-20-93)