Section 28-113 Qualifications.
Prior to the adoption of Ord. 21799 on 09/16/2013, Section 28-113 read as follows.
(a) Every applicant for a driver's certificate shall:
(1) Be at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time
(2) Be able to read and write the English language.
(3) Be clean and neat in dress and person, and not addicted
to the use of intoxicating liquor
(4) Have a general reputation for integrity, responsibility,
good moral character as a law
abiding citizen, and shall have a good driving record.
(5) Possess a valid Missouri chauffeur's license. The
number on the chauffeur's license shall
be placed on the Columbia driver's certificate.
(6) Have at least one year's experience as a driver of
motor vehicles, and at least sixty (60)
days' experience operating motor vehicles over the streets of the city.
(b) In addition to the above requirements, drivers of horse-drawn vehicles shall
written certification of their ability to safely drive horse-drawn vehicles under urban street traffic
conditions issued by a recognized trainer of persons for such operations.
The driver's certificate provided for herein shall not be issued or renewed until the fee
for such certificate shall have been paid. The driver's certificate fee shall be
) per year. The applicant shall also pay a fee to cover costs incurred by the
department of finance in obtaining the criminal record check required in section 28-114 .
(d) No driver while on duty shall conduct himself in a boisterous, vociferous,
otherwise offensive manner.
(Ord. No. 12094, § 1, 12-12-88; Ord. No. 13514, § 1, 11-16-92; Ord. No. 17348, § 1, 6-17-02;
Ord. No. 19518, § 3, 5-7-07