Section 28-113 Qualifications.
Prior to the adoption of Ord. 17348 on 06/17/2002, Section 28-113 read as follows.
(a) Every applicant for a driver's certificate shall:
(1) Be at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time
(2) Be able to read and write the English language.
(3) Be clean and neat in dress and person, and not addicted
to the use of intoxicating liquor
(4) Have a general reputation for integrity, responsibility,
good moral character as a law
abiding citizen, and shall have a good driving record.
(5) Possess a valid Missouri chauffeur's license. The
number on the chauffeur's license shall
be placed on the Columbia driver's certificate.
(6) Have at least one year's experience as a driver of
motor vehicles, and at least sixty (60)
days' experience operating motor vehicles over the streets of the city.
(b) In addition to the above requirements, drivers of horse-drawn vehicles shall
written certification of their ability to safely drive horse-drawn vehicles under urban street traffic
conditions issued by a recognized trainer of persons for such operations.
(c) The driver's certificate provided for herein shall not be issued or renewed
until the fee for
such certificate shall have been paid. The driver's certificate fee shall be
one dollar ($1.00) ten
dollars ($10.00) per year.
(d) No driver while on duty shall conduct himself in a boisterous, vociferous,
otherwise offensive manner.
(Ord. No. 12094, § 1, 12-12-88; Ord. No. 13514, § 1, 11-16-92)