Prior to the adoption of Ord. 18006 on 03/01/2004, Section 4-49 read as follows.

    (a)     The business license services administrator may issue a temporary permit to caterers and other persons holding licenses to sell intoxicating liquor by the drink at retail for consumption on the premises pursuant to the provisions of this chapter who furnish provisions and service for use at a particular function, occasion or event at a particular location other than the licensed premises,.  The permit shall be in effective for a period not to exceed one hundred twenty (120) consecutive hours,.  The permit which shall authorize the service of serving alcoholic beverages at such function, occasion or event during the hours at which alcoholic beverages may lawfully be sold or served upon premises licensed to sell alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption in the city. For every permit issued pursuant to the provisions of under this section, the permittee shall pay the sum of fifteen dollars ($15.00) for each calendar day, or fraction thereof, for which the permit is issued.

    (b)     The business license services administrator may issue a temporary permit as provided above in (a) for the operation of railroad excursions or dinner train operations, provided that no caterer or other person holding a license to sell intoxicating liquor shall be issued more than six (6) such temporary permits in any year. The business license services administrator may issue a temporary permit to any railroad excursion operator who has a state liquor license for railroad or railroad car companies and whose regular place of business is outside of the county without requiring the operator to obtain a city liquor-by-the-drink license.

    (c)     All provisions of the ordinances, rules and regulations of the city shall extend to such premises and shall be in force and enforceable during all the time that the permittee, its agents, servants, employees, or stock are in such premises. This section will not include the sale of packaged goods covered by this temporary permit.

    (d)     Notwithstanding any other provision of this chapter, any caterer who possesses a valid state liquor license and a valid liquor license issued by any city or county may deliver alcoholic beverages in the city, in the course of his the catering business.

(Code 1964, § 4.285; Ord. No. 12707, § 1, 8-2-90; Ord. No. 14253 § 1, 10-17-94)

    State law reference(s)--Similar provisions, RSMo. § 311.485.