Chapter 7 CIVIL DEFENSE*
Section 7-18 Administrator; designation and duties.
The office of emergency management shall be headed by the emergency communications
(1) The administrator shall be appointed and subject
to removal by the city manager.
(2) The administrator shall have direct responsibility
for the organization, administration and
operations of local emergency operations planning subject to the direction and control of the city
(3) The administrator shall be responsible for
maintaining records on use and disposal of all
items of equipment placed under the jurisdiction of the office of emergency management.
(4) The administrator is authorized to submit all materials
and sign all documents requested
by the state emergency management agency, to qualify the city for participation in federal
(5) The administrator shall be responsible for all training required by Chapter
(Code 1964, § 6.050; Ord. No. 10457, § 1, 2-18-85; Ord. No. 17169, § 1, 2-4-02)
(17169, Amended, 02/04/2002, Prior Text)