Chapter 7 CIVIL DEFENSE*
Section 7-19 Powers of city manager and administrator.
The city manager and the administrator, in accordance with Chapter 44, RSMo,
(1) Expend funds; make contracts; obtain and distribute
equipment, materials and supplies
for civil defense purposes; provide for the health and safety of persons, including emergency
assistance to victims of an enemy attack; provide for the safety of property; and direct and
coordinate the development of disaster plans and programs in accordance with the policies and
plans of the federal and state disaster and emergency planning.
(2) Appoint and remove rescue teams and other emergency
operations teams, units or
(3) Assign emergency missions to nongovernmental groups
such as physicians and news
media as necessary to develop a capability to augment government disaster response.
(4) In the event of declared national or local emergency
waive the provisions of law
requiring advertisements for bids for the performance of public works or entering into contracts.
(5) With the approval of the city council and consistent
with the Missouri Emergency
Operations Plan, enter into mutual-aid agreements with other public and private agencies within
and without the state for reciprocal emergency aid.
(6) Accept services, materials, equipment, supplies or
funds granted or loaned by the federal
government for disaster planning and operations purposes.
(Code 1964, § 6.060; Ord. No. 10457, § 1, 2-18-85; Ord. No. 17169, § 1, 2-4-02)
Cross reference(s)--City officers and employees generally, § 2-121
(17169, Amended, 02/04/2002, Prior Text)