In order to assist the Board of Health in making a recommendation to the City Council regarding fluoridation of the city water supply, the subcommittee will:
1) examine the available evidence and make a recommendation as to whether there is substantial, strong evidence that the level of fluoride in city water should be changed from the current level of 0.7 ppm to 0.3 ppm (the background rate), and
2) if the recommendation is to continue fluoridation at the 0.7 ppm level, evaluate whether the city should switch from using HFSA to sodium fluoride
5:30 – 6:00 pm
Review of Information Requested at January 10, 2013 BOH Meeting
- Recent dental health assessment data
- EPA water fluoridation standards
- Report from Columbia Water and Light Department on re current fluoridation process and relevant water testing results. (Speaker – Mike Anderson, Engineering Supervisor for City of Columbia Water & Light Dept.
- 2011 proposed HHS revised recommendation and
6:00 – 6:20 pm
- Lori Henderson, DDS, Pediatric Dentist, Columbia, Missouri
6:20 - 6:40 pm
The public will be allowed to provide comments. Each speaker will be allotted up to four minutes to speak.
6:40 - 7:00 pm