Series 110 2009 ORDINANCES/RESOLUTIONS
Section 110-285; Ord. 20306; Amending Chapter 16 of the City Code to establish the offense of harassment of a bicyclist
Bill No. B 151-09
amending Chapter 16 of the City Code to establish the offense of harassment of a
fixing the time when this ordinance shall become effective.
BE IT ORDAINED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF COLUMBIA, MISSOURI, AS
SECTION 1. Chapter 16 of the Code
of Ordinances of the City of Columbia, Missouri, is
hereby amended as follows:
Material to be deleted in
strikeout; material to be added underlined.
Sec. 16-145. Harassment of a bicyclist.
(a) A person commits the offense of harassment of a bicyclist if the
(1) Knowingly throws an object at or in the direction of any person
riding a bicycle; or
(2) Threatens any person riding a bicycle for the purpose of frightening
or disturbing the
person riding the bicycle; or
(3) Sounds a horn, shouts or otherwise directs sound toward any person
riding a bicycle for
the purpose of frightening or disturbing the person riding the bicycle; or
(4) Knowingly places a person riding a bicycle in apprehension of immediate
(5) Knowingly engages in conduct that creates a risk of death or serious
physical injury to
the person riding a bicycle.
(b) Harassment of a bicyclist is a Class A misdemeanor.
145 146--16-149. Reserved.
SECTION 2. This ordinance shall be
in full force and effect from and after its passage.
PASSED this 15th day of June, 2009.