Some situations will require you to remain in your
home during an emergency, usually involving hazardous
materials. This is called "Shelter-in-Place." Here
are the steps to follow if you are directed to
- Turn on the radio or television for information.
- Move family members and pets inside immediately,
if they are outdoors.
- Close all windows and doors tightly.
- Turn off ventilation systems - furnace, attic
fan or air conditioning.
- Choose one room, preferably an interior room
or bathroom. Seal the entrance by placing duct
around the windows and stuffing wet towels under