Skip top Navigation.
Translate this page
Turning On New Commercial Customers
- Transfer or Disconnect an Account
- Requests to have utilities turned on MUST be made in person. Please come to our office at 701 E. Broadway.
- For your convenience, an application can be downloaded and completed before you come into our office.
- Deposit will be required up front, please call our office at 874-7380 extension 4. (TTY 667-3529)
- Proof of City of Columbia business license (if applicable)
Rate and Utility Service Information
Deposits and Fees
- Deposit will be equal to twice the average monthly bill of a similar business
- $6 Service fee to set up a new account OR
- $5 Service fee for new unmetered accounts (i.e. if you are not getting Water
and Electric service from the City)
- $15 if customer wants utilities connected the SAME day.
Acceptable Forms of Deposits For Commercial Accounts
- Letter of credit from a Missouri financial institution
- CD (Certificate of Deposit) or Assignment of Savings at a local Bank