Disclaimer: This site contains HIV and Sexually Transmitted Disease information, which may not be appropriate for all audiences. If you are not seeking such information or may be offended by such materials, please exit this site.
Counseling, Testing, Treatment, Prevention and Education
The Columbia/ Boone County Department of Public Health and Human Services offers
a wide range of programs for the assessment and treatment
of Sexually Transmitted Disease and HIV.
We also provide
education and prevention activities and HIV/STD prevention
resources to Central and North Eastern Missouri.
Programs Available from Columbia/Boone County Public Health and Human Services
- Free walk-in HIV Testing is Mondays 9 am – 12 noon and Thursday 1:00 pm - 4:00
HIV Testing Monday – Friday 8-4 by appointment. Call to make an appointment
syphilis testing can be done at the time of HIV testing.
can be anonymous or confidential
types of HIV tests are offered, rapid finger stick or standard blood
- Clinic for the assessment and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases every Tuesday evening from 5:00 to 7:00 PM at the Health Department
- $20 for Boone County residents; $40 for those from outside Boone County.
- Appointments and walk-in clinics are available during regular business hours and are also available for the same low price.
- education programs offered by the Health Department especially designed for parents and their children
- A and B vaccine is available free to persons at higher risk or at low cost to the general public.
- The North Central Missouri Regional Community Advisory Group meets on a monthly basis to plan prevention activities and prioritize the use of prevention resources. Look here for the Regional Advisory group minutes.
- speakers on HIV and STD prevention and prevention program assistance are available to community organizations, businesses, religious and governmental institutions serving the residents of central Missouri
- E-Mail us confidentially with questions or concerns you may have about your health or give us a call to make an appointment or to speak to someone.
To learn more about STD's and HIV, please visit our external website directory.