- Call confidentially at 573-874-7356 or E-mail us.
- Our services include:
- Many low cost or free services can be provided confidentially without a parent's signature or consent.
- Teens and Parents - Click here for the most comprehensive (and convenient) youth and teen resource directory in the Columbia area. Learn about services related to bullying, dental health, alcohol, drug and tobacco prevention and treatment and after-school tutoring, and more.
- Hot Topic Nights
- Health class doesn't give you enough information to make healthy decisions. How do you stay safe and avoid risky behavior? How does someone show you live and respect? How do you protect yourself from STIs and teen pregnancy? Join us to find out! Click here for the current schedule.
- Teen Outreach Program
- The Teen Outreach Program (TOP) is an evidence-based youth development program that seeks to equip students with the skills they need to be successful. The program focuses on several topics:
- Human Development and Sexuality
- Community Service Learning
- Currently, Columbia has 4 TOP Clubs (Hickman High School, Rock Bridge High School, Battle High School, and Jefferson Middle School). Each club meets weekly for group discussions, activities, and team building. They also work together to complete 20 hours of service learning. As students are learning life skills, theya re able to immediately put them into practice through services.
- The TOP cirriculum has been tested nationally to be effective and has experienced the following results:
- Evidence-Based Outcomes
- 52% lower risk of school suspension
- 60% lower risk of course failure
- 53% lower risk of pregnancy
- Observed Outcomes
- 60% lower risk of school dropout (2)
(1) Philliber Research, 2001. “Who Benefits Most From A BroadlyTargeted Prevention Program”
(2) Joe Allen, “Escaping the Endless Adolescent” 2009.
- Columbia Boone County Department of Public Health and Human Services partners with the Youth Community Coalition and the Columbia Housing Authority to make this program successful.
Want to learn more? Visit our external website directory.