How can I eliminate mosquito breeding areas?
- turn over or remove containers in your yard where rainwater collects, such
as potted plant trays, buckets, or toys
- empty birdbaths, once a week
- remove old tires from your yard
- clean roof gutters and downspout screens
- eliminate standing water on flat roofs, boats, and tarps
- more on eliminating
How can I protect myself from biting mosquitoes?
- wear long, loose and light-colored clothing
- use insect repellent products with no more than 20-30% DEET for adults, and
less than 10% for children
- follow label instructions when using insect repellents
- more about mosquitoes
Return to the Columbia/Boone County Health Department Homepage