Columbia's 61st Annual Fourth of July celebration--FREE!
- Music at Peace Park
- Children's activities at Flat Branch Park
- Entertainment stage at Flat Branch Park
- Fireworks begin at about 9:15 pm choreographed to music simulcast on BXR 102.3 (will be launched from top of parking garage at Sixth and Cherry).
- Bring a blanket or lawn chair.
- Concessions available.
- Rooftops not designed to be occupied should NOT be, per building code.
- Please do NOT bring fireworks, alcohol or grills to the event.
Transportation / Parking
- Free parking available throughout the District and on University campus in any City or University owned lots and parking garages, unless they are marked closed. Click for map of event
- Streets around Sixth and Cherry parking garage will be closed at 7:30 pm. Locust will be closed at Providence Road beginning at 7:30 pm.
- 4th Street will be closed from Locust to Cherry beginning at 3 pm.
- Parking will be restricted in the Sixth and Cherry parking garage starting at 8 am on July 4. Parking will be restricted in the surrounding lots and streets beginning at 5 pm on July 4 to keep safety zone clear.
- Police will guide exiting traffic after the fireworks show. Some streets may be made one direction only at that time to assist traffic flow.
- Click here for transit schedule for July 4th.
Entertainment for 2013 (click here for band bios):
|Man in the Ring
||Just the Five of Us
4th of July Fire in the Sky is coordinated by
Columbia Parks & Recreation and presented by: