Saturday, October 18, 2014, 8:00am
Bear Creek Trail
Race starts and finishes at Albert-Oakland Park, 1900 Blue Ridge Rd.
13.1 mile run/walk
$40 in advance and $50 on race day
Photos from 2014
Garth Nature Area Bridge Photos
Finish Line Photos
The Bear Creek Run Half Marathon is coming this fall to scenic Bear Creek Trail. This 13.1 mile run/walk will start and finish at Albert-Oakland Park and take participants to Columbia's Cosmo Park and back. This event will take place on mostly gravel trail and will require no intersection crossing. Aid Stations will be in place every mile to mile and a half along the well-marked course, in addition to lots of volunteer support. New and experienced runners and walkers are encouraged to enjoy this fall morning on the Bear Creek Trail.
The Bear Creek Run has a cap of 250 runners in this inaugural year. We look forward to seeing this event grow in the years to come and making the necessary adjustments to allow even more racers to join us. Due to the need to advance order the t-shirts, we can only guarantee your shirt size if you register prior to September 22, 2014. We will have additional shirts for later registrants, but can not promise your size (we will do our best!).
Bear Creek Run Registrants will receive:
The Bear Creek Run Course will include:
- Bear Creek Run technical fabric race shirt (short sleeved)
- Bear Creek Run finisher medal
- Post race food including fruit, fresh squeezed juice from Blenders and other light snack foods
- Awards will be given to : First Place Overall Male and Female and First, Second and Third Place Male and Female in the following age categories: 14 & Under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80 & over.
- Aid stations (water stops) approximately every 1.5 miles on the course. There will be 10 aid station opportunities throughout the race (5 aid stations that each get passed twice). Water will be provided at all 10 stops, sport drink will be offered at 6 stops and fruit will be at the half way point. We will not offer other nutrition (gels) so plan ahead if you will require this during the race
- Volunteer support and course markings at decision points (turns) on the course
- Mile markers at every mile
- Spectators will have great opportunities to cheer for the participants where the Bear Creek Trail intersects Garth Ave. (Garth Nature Area) and Creasy Springs Rd.
Bear Creek Run Event Schedule (subject to change):
Friday, October 17, 2014
- 5:30-7:00PM: Packet Pick Up at the ARC 1701 West Ash St.
Saturday, October 18, 2014
Interested in volunteering?
- 6:30-7:50am: Packet Pick up and Race Day Registration ($50) at Albert-Oakland Park 1900 Blue Ridge Rd.
- 8:00AM: Race Begins
- 10:00AM: Post-race food available
- 11:00AM: Awards
- 1:00PM: Race Course Closes
If so, please visit http://www.gocolumbiamo.com/Volunteer/ to sign up. If you need assistance contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Volunteers play a huge role in the success of these events and their support is greatly appreciated!
Bear Creek Trail - Images of Bear Creek Run Course
Course Map (click on image to enlarge)