Columbia Parks and Recreation
Creating Community through People, Parks and Programs
|Check out the SPLAT Facebook event page!|
Information for parents and kids coming to the event, click here or the image below
Hey kids ages 4-15, the Splat! challenge is all yours! Depending on your age, you will complete between .75 and 1.75 miles of obstacle course awesomeness including walls, tires, pipes and of course, MUD, and LOTS of it! This is a youth event, so the obstacles and entertainment will be family friendly. Splat! is about good old muddy fun with some (OK a lot) of challenge mixed in. This is a great group opportunity for sports teams, celebrating a birthday or any other group of kids who want to do something unique and memorable together. You are encouraged to make yourself stand out, wear a costume, paint your face, or anything else you can think of! If you do dress up, please make sure you can safely run, crawl and jump in what you have on and that it won't get in your way. Join us and show us what you've got!
The Splat! course and obstacles are designed to be age-appropriate in difficulty and distance. There are 5 waves at this year's event, each having a 140-participant cap (this is for safety and to prevent long lines at obstacles). A multi-age wave (WAVE 5) is for families and groups with kids in more than one age group who want to run together. Please note that this is a longer course for the 7-9 year-olds than WAVE 3 will be.
WAVE 1 Ages 4-6 years old 8:30 am 12 obstacles .75 mile
WAVE 2 Ages 4-6 years old 9:15 am 12 obstacles .75 miles
WAVE 3 Ages 7-9 years old 10:00 am 16 obstacles 1.75 miles
WAVE 4 Ages 10-12 years old 11:00 am 19 obstacles 1.75 miles
WAVE 5 Ages 7-15 years old 12:00 pm 19 obstacles 1.75 miles
Splat! is at Gans Creek Recreation Area, 3360 E. Gans Road (across from Father Tolton High School).
EVENT SCHEDULE (subject to change)
Friday, July 10, 2015
- 3:00-7:00 PM Packet (event material) pick up at the ARC (1701 W Ash)
Saturday, July 11, 2015
- 7:30 AM Packet pick up and event day registration opens at Gans Creek Recreation Area
- 8:30 AM WAVE 1 - 4-6 year olds - Parent/adult assistance allowed in this wave
- 9:15 AM WAVE 2 - 4-6 year olds - Parent/adult assistance allowed in this wave
- 10:00 AM WAVE 3 - 7-9 year olds
- 11:00 AM WAVE 4 - 10-12 year olds
- 12:00 PM WAVE 5 - 7-15 year olds
- 1:00 PM Obstacle course closes
** Please plan to arrive AT LEAST 30 minutes before your wave if you picked up your packet (event materials) in advance (at the ARC on Friday 7/10 between 3-7 pm) or AT LEAST 45 minutes before your wave if you plan to pick up your packet on event day. **
HOW TO PREPARE FOR SPLAT!
- Participants should plan to get muddy; wear clothes and shoes that are OK to get really muddy (shirt and shoes are required - NO flip flops please).
- TIE YOUR SHOES TIGHTLY! No duct tape please.
- We strongly suggest you pick up your packet of event materials on Friday, July 10, 3-7 pm at the ARC (1701 W Ash) if possible.
-PLEASE PLAN TO ARRIVE AT LEAST 30 MINUTES BEFORE YOUR WAVE TIME IF YOU HAVE YOUR PACKET AND AT LEAST 45 MINUTES BEFORE IF YOU NEED TO PICK UP YOUR PACKET AT THE EVENT.
- There will be a spectator loop so you can take pictures on the course, please stay inside your marked boundary. Adults (parents and spectators) are NOT allowed on the obstacles.
- Participants will be going over/under walls, on balance beams and through mud and grass. A first aid tent will be available if needed.
- A change of clothes and/or a towel is a good idea.
- Bring a few dollars to grab a Kona ice!
- Don't wear jewelry or glasses (unless absolutely necessary).
- A "shower" station to rinse off will be available.
- A parent or guardian is to remain at the event area, please do NOT drop your children off for the event.
- Splat! is a rain or shine event. In the event of severe weather, the event may be delayed until weather passes, or postponed.
- Arrive ready to be AWESOME!!
PICTURES AND LINKS
Here is the evidence of the muddy fun from Splat! 2014. In addition to this, you can view a lot more pictures by following these links:
Splat! 2014 Photos Part 1
Splat! 2014 Photos Part 2
Splat! 2014 Facebook Page
Thanks to sponsors: