1905 Hillcrest Dr.
Waters-Moss Memorial Wildlife Area
Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
(The building is also in use some evenings and weekends for programs).
The managing office is located next door at the HiIlcrest Community Center
Building Rental Contact:
Parks and Recreation Dept.
1 S. 7th Street
Columbia, MO 65201
The Moss Building is a former Missouri Department of Conservation garage and mechanic shop converted into a 4,000 square foot activity center by Columbia Parks and Recreation. This building now includes two open space rooms (Room A - 1,435 square foot and Room B - 1,067 square foot), lobby, restrooms and a kitchen area. The building is primarily used for recreation programs and classes. However, when not in use for scheduled programs, the Moss Building will be available for private parties, events, and meetings.
The Parks and Recreation Department will begin taking reservations for this building on October 1, 2014.
|| Beginning October 1, 2014
Can reserve up to one year in advance
Rental availability during dates/times outside of scheduled programs
Payment due at time of reservation
Park Special Use Application
If special conditions apply
(See special conditions that warrant a Park Special Use Permit)
|$35/hr. - two hour minimum
Due at the time of reservation
||$100 (refundable two-three weeks after event)
Due at the time the key is picked up
||1905 Hillcrest Drive, Waters-Moss Memorial Wildlife Area, Columbia, MO
Call 573-874-7475 during business hours to schedule a time to tour the building
|Rules & Regulations:
||Please read the Rules and Regulations before making your reservation
||Follow the Check-Out Procedure when leaving the facility to be eligible for the deposit refund
|Moss Building Features:
||The whole building (except locked storage areas) is included in the modest rental fee. This 4,000 sq. ft. activity center includes:
- Room A - Approx. 1,435 sq. ft.
- Room B - Approx. 1,067 sq. ft.
- Approx. 150 chairs (120 folding, 30 stacking with arms)
- Approx. 35 six-foot banquet tables
- No smoking in the building.
- Lessor must be at least twenty-one (21) years old at time of rental.
- For youth events, chaperones are required. Minimum chaperone requirements: 1 adult over age of 21 years per 10 youth, 1 adult over age of 25 years per 15 teens.
- Alcohol is allowed in accordance with state and local laws. The sale of alcohol is NOT permitted.
- Decorations are allowed; however, tape, staples or similar attachments are not allowed on the ceilings, walls floors, or window area. No decorations shall be affixed in any manner to the walls. Decorations must be removed as part of the check-out procedure.
- Battery operated candles and canned cooking fuel (Sternos) for chafing dishes are allowed. No rice, confetti, glitter, or flame candles can be used on the premised. Bird seed is allowed OUTSIDE. Frying is NOT allowed in the kitchen.
- Food and beverage are allowed throughout the facility.
- No sales allowed, except by approval through a Park Special Use Permit.
- Amplified music is permitted, but shall not exceed the distance of 100 feet from the building, structure, or outdoor area where the device is located. No profanity or profane lyrics are allowed in the selection of the music.
- Reservation fees are not refundable. The reservation fee may be transferred to another date up to 14 days prior to the scheduled reservation.
- For weekday reservations, renter must pick up the key during normal business hours Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm at the Parks and Recreation office, 1 S. 7th Street the day before the reservation.
- For weekend/holiday reservations, renter must pick up the key between 8am-5pm at the Parks and Recreation office, 1 S. 7th Street the last business day before the rental date.
- $100 non-refundable charge if renter fails to pick up a key and a Park and Rec staff member has to obtain a key for renter to gain access to the building.
- Key must be returned by the end of the next business day following the rental date. A $50 fee will be deducted from the deposit if the key is not returned the next business day. $100 fee will be assessed for a lost key.
- Renter shall clean and restore building to condition prior to use and follow check-out procedure. A cleaning fee of $50 or more will be assessed if they building does not meet the check-out guidelines.