Register for Crime Free Multi-Housing Program
Crime Free Multi-Housing Program Manual (824 kb)
- A stable, more satisfied tenant base.
- Increased demand for rental units with a reputation for active management.
- Lower maintenance and repair costs.
- Increased property values.
- Improved personal safety for tenants, landlords, and managers.
Costs of Drug Activity in Rental Property:
When drug criminals and other destructive tenants operate out of rental property, neighborhoods suffer and landlords pay a high price. That price may include:
- Decline in property values -- particularly when the activity begins affecting the reputation of the neighborhood.
- Property damage arising from abuse, retaliation, neglect, or from police raids.
- Fire resulting from manufacturing or growing operations.
- Civil penalties, including temporary closure of the property -- or even property seizure.
- Loss of rent during eviction and repair periods.
- Fear and frustration when dealing with dangerous and threatening tenants.
- Increased resentment and anger between neighbors and property managers.
- The loss of other valued tenants.
The Crime Free Multi-Housing Program Will Teach You:
I. Prevention and Applicant Screening
- How code compliance (preparing the property) can protect your rights as a landlord.
- Benefits of applicant screening.
- Tips to strengthen rental agreements.
- How to become a proactive property manager.
- Maintaining a fire safe environment.
- Development of life safety awareness.
II. Drug Nuisance Abatement
- Warning signs of drug activity.
- Actions you must take if you discover your tenant or tenant's guests are conducting illegal activities at your property.
- Role of the police.
- Crisis resolution and the eviction process.
III. Resource Materials
- A 170-page manual with additional community resources for tenants, landlords, and property managers.
- A manual addressing fire and life safety awareness for tenants, landlords, and property managers.
- Many other FREE materials will be available at class time.
- One of the tools of the Crime Free Multi-Housing Program is the Crime Free Lease Addendum. - Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader
And best of all ... the training is FREE!!
List of fully certified properties:
- Campus View Apartments 443-6611
- Columbia Square Townhomes 445-1721
- Deerfield Apartments 886-8638
- Eastgate Apartments 449-6966
- Horizon Rentals 474-6682
- Mizzoum Property Management 449-9686 www.mizzoum.com
- P&L Properties 446-6552
Upcoming training dates:
- October 16, 2013 from 8:30 til 4:30
For further information contact:
Search for Recent Arrests:
HUD www.hud.gov Federal
Fair Housing Information
Rights and Responsibilities http://ago.missouri.gov/publications/landlordtenant.htm by
Missouri Attorney General and Missouri Bar Association
Legal Issues Related To Rental Properties www.scottlawfirm.com Evictions,
Leases, Security Deposits, etc. Information provided
by Scott Law Firm, a proud supporter of Crime Free
America Crime Free Inc. www.midamericacrimefree.com A
501(c)3 to assist cities in MO, KS, IA, and NE in
improving the quality of life in the housing/lodging/
International Crime Free Association www.crime-free-association.org More
tips on Crime Free Multi Housing
Conducting Background Checks www.accudataservices.com Accudata
Credit Systems - a mid Missouri company providing
nationwide criminal and credit background checks
and dedicated to Crime Free Programs
Boone County Missouri Sex Offender Registry www.showmeboone.com/sheriff
A list of registered sex offenders residing in Boone County Missouri
Emergency Planning www.ready.gov Preparing
for any emergency situation. Information prepared
by U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
Helpful Information Regarding Nuisance Parties:
Return to Crime
Free Programs Main Page