College Avenue and Broadway Pedestrian Signal Safety Enhancements
The City of Columbia will host an interested parties (IP) meeting on Wednesday, January 22 from 5:30 to 7:00 PM in room 1B of City Hall located at 701 E Broadway concerning the College Avenue and Broadway Pedestrian Signal Safety Enhancements.
The City of Columbia is proposing the installation of pedestrian safety enhancement at the intersection of College Avenue and Broadway.
The enhancements would consist of:
- The installation of pedestrian walk signals to include:
- Visible countdown timers
- Audible signal to direct sight impaired pedestrians to the "push to walk" signal button
- Audible signal to direct sight impaired pedestrians as to when the walk signal is active
- Sidewalk pavement enhancements to meet full ADA requirements are also a part of this proposed project.
- The project cost is estimated at $70,000
- The revenue source is the Annual Street budget
- Click here to view the plan proposal