The city is seeking input on the proposed design for the Providence Crosswalk. The following improvements are being considered:
- Installation of a raised, concrete safety island that is accessible to all using the crosswalk. The proposed island would still allow motorized traffic on Providence Road to travel at the posted speed limit, but speeding traffic would naturally slow because of the raised island. The proposed island might have landscaped areas.
- Addition of painted crosswalks across Providence Road.
- Installation of traffic signal indicators for both motor vehicles and pedestrians.
- Restricting left turns from Providence Road onto Switzler Street, and left turns from Switzler Street onto Providence Road.
- Removal of the pedestrian bridge over Providence.
Providence Crossing Drawing