EZ Park cards can be used at most city on-street parking meters, or the hourly spaces in the city garages, except the 7th and Walnut garage which has an attendant. EZ Park Cards can not be used in meters which accept credit/debit cards. These meters are on South 9th Street between Broadway and Locust, on the south side of East Broadway between 9th and 10th Streets, in the 900 block of Unversity Ave and in he 700 block of Hitt Street.
Park cards can be used at most City of
Columbia parking meters(please see above), including on-street Campus meters, and
in the city garages at Sixth and Cherry, Eighth and
Cherry, Tenth and Cherry, and Fifth and Walnut. These garages are equipped with
multi-space pay machines and accept coins, bills
or the EZ Park Cards. The garage
machines can also recharge the EZ Park
Debit Card, except Eighth and Cherry which does not have a recharging machine.
Please look for meters with the blue EZ PARK
symbol displayed. The debit cards are sold as EZ Park
cards. There are several locations where EZ Park cards can be
obtained or have more value added to the reusable cards. The EZ Park Dispensers and "Legend" multi-space machines
will accept $1, $5, $10, or $20 bills. Purchases are limited to
a minimum of $10.00 and a maximum of $99 per card. You may also obtain the cards in
person at City Hall, 701 East Broadway, third
Patrons should be aware that debit cards can not be accepted for payment on an EZ Park Card at any
location. Credit cards are only accepted at the City Hall 3rd floor location.
Machine Locations to purchase or add value to a EZ
Park Debit Card:
- City Hall, 701 E. Broadway, First Floor, Utility Customer Service
- Boone County Government Center, 801 E. Walnut
- Add value to an existing card in the 6th & Cherry, 10th & Cherry Street, and 5th and Walnut Garages.
EZ Park Debit Card Instructions
- There is no fee to obtain an EZ Park Debit Card.
- Cards can be programmed up to $99.00.
- The minimum amount you can program to the card is $10.00.
- Cards can be programmed an unlimited amount of times.
- Payment is due at the time of purchase.
- NO REFUNDS will be made on unused time on the cash cards.
- Cards can only be used at City parking meters that have
the “EZ Park” symbol.
- How to use the cash cards:
- Insert the card into the parking meter.
- Once the card is inserted, the parking meter will tell
you how much money ($) is remaining on your card. It will then
start adding time to the meter, up to the maximum amount of
time allowable on that meter.
- Pull the card out of the parking meter when the meter has
reached the amount of time that you wish to park there. The
meter will then start clicking and the color wheel will turn
green and time will start decreasing on the meter.
- If there is time remaining on
the parking meter when you are ready to leave, insert the card
back into the parking meter and the meter will tell you how
much money ($) is remaining on your card. The meter will then
read “ref”, which means that the time remaining
on the meter is being refunded to your card. Once this has occurred,
the meter will then show the additional money ($) applied back
to your card. Then pull the card out of the meter. The meter
will then start clicking and the color wheel will turn red and
will show that the meter is expired.
- Caution: Parking garage machines will not refund unused time
back to the EZ Park Debit Card. Patrons
should only purchase the amount of time that will be used during
their stay. The Parking Utility is pursuing the addition of
the feature from the manufacturer and apologizes for the inconvenience,
but thank you for your patronage and patience.
- If you need to add additional time to the parking meter,
insert the card back into the parking meter. NOTE - The remaining
time on that meter, if any, will be applied back onto your card
before you can add additional time. Pull the card out of the
parking meter and re-insert the card into the meter. The parking
meter will start adding additional time up to the maximum amount
of time allowed on the meter. Parking garage machines operate
on transaction numbers to add time. Please take a look at operating
instructions for the "Legend" machines to discover
some of the newest technology offered in parking.
- If EZ Park Debit Cards are lost or stolen we cannot prevent the time that
is remaining on the card from being used, or replace the time on a new card.
- If you experience problems with a parking meter, please contact
the City Violations office at Ph# 874-7230.
- If you have questions about a parking ticket you have received,
please contact the City Prosecutor’s office at Ph# 874-6384.