Contact: Columbia Public Works
Winter storm "Q" - late afternoon update 02212013
COLUMBIA, MO (February 21, 2013)
Quick update for media outlets for the 5 and 6 newscasts
- Crews continue to plow and treat 1st and 2nd priority routes. Now making some headway although the sleet/freezing rain/drizzle is not helping much. We will have fresh crews coming in around 7 PM and we will continue on 1st and 2nd priority streets until safe and passable.
- If all goes well. crews will begin to get into residential areas late Friday afternoon.
- Residential refuse collection ceased at 1:30 today. What we missed on today's routes we'll try and get Friday and if not Friday, then likely on Saturday. Solid waste customers can expect an update on our plans early on Friday.
- Columbia Transit will cease all operations at 6:30 tonight.
- Columbia Regional Airports main runway remains open. American has cancelled flights into COU today. Although the last flight from Dallas into Columbia still shows as "scheduled" and American Airlines still shows the flight as "scheduled", we believe it will be cancelled too. We urge airline travelers from COU to check with American before leaving for the airport.
We apprecaite everyones patience while we work hard to clear roads, collect refuse, operate transit, and keep the airport open.