Contact: Columbia Public Works
Public Works Operations - Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:00 PM
COLUMBIA, MO (February 25, 2013)
Public Works Operations and Status on 02-25-2013 at 8:00 PM
- Full crew has been on today and continues through the night
- Crews will continue work on customer calls and areas missed
- Maintenance on equipment being preformed in preparedness for next storm
- Will be assisted during this storm by Water and Light and Parks and Recreation with snow removal
- Residents are encouraged to park vehicles in driveways. If your vehicle is not equipped for the predicted level of snowfall, you are urged to stay off the roadways. Vehicles abandoned in roadways will be towed at the owner's expense. There is no grace period. If you become stuck and call for a tow truck, please ask for a price up-front. If you feel you are being gouged, please call the Missouri Attorney General's hotline at 1-800-392-8222.
- Customers may contact Public Works concerning snow removal issues at:
- Phone -- (573) 874-6280 or 874-7289 (staffed 24 hours until further notice)
- Email -- pubw@GoColumbiaMo.com
- Facebook -- Facebook.com/columbiamissouripublicworks
- Trash and recycling will not be collected Tuesday and will be delayed one day the remainder of the week.
- There will be no transit service Tuesday, including Fixed Route, FastCat, Paratransit, Black and Gold routes and Tiger Line campus shuttles.
- All city meetings scheduled for Tuesday will be postponed.
- If you are ticketed for travel on Tuesday at Columbia Regional Airport, you are encouraged to contact your flight carrier for up-to-the-minute flight status or check www.flymidmo.com.