Contact: Columbia Public Works
Tree and Limb Removal Tips
COLUMBIA, MO (February 27, 2013)
While streets remain first priority, Public Works is aware that many residents are dealing with downed trees and tree limbs. We urge citizens to not approach any tree that could be tangled up with a downed utility line. Report all lines down to Columbia Water and Light at 875-2555 or Boone Electric Coop at 449-4181.
To dispose of brush/tree limbs, customers have the following options:
Curbside pickup on trash day -
- Solid waste crews will pick up limbs with trash if they are bundled properly.
- Bundles of limbs should be no more than 4 feet in length, 2 feet in diameter, and 50 pounds or less.
Reminder: Trash pickup will be delayed by one day throughout the remainder of this week.
Self-hauled No-Charge drop off -
Trees and limbs can be dropped off at the following sites:
- Compost Facility at the Landfill, 5700 Peabody Road (7a-4p M-F; 8a-2p Sat.)
- Capen Park Mulch Site (south of Stadium, off Rock Quarry Road, dawn to dusk)
- Parkside Mulch Site (north of Memorial Park Cemetery, off Creasy Springs Road, dawn to dusk).
Contracted Services -
There are several tree services in the area. Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Ask around to ensure you are working with a reputable company
- Request and agree upon a price, in writing, before work is begun.
- It is not certain that the Federal Emergency Management Agency will reimburse you for the cost - a disaster declaration has not been issued.
- If you feel you are a victim of price gouging, call the Missouri State Attorney Generals Hotline at 1-800-392-8222