Contact: Steven Sapp, Public Information Specialist
Columbia Public Works
The City of Columbia Solid Waste Division reminds residents they will be receiving new vouchers in the mail for black trash bags and blue recycling bags during the third or fourth week of April. These vouchers are redeemable at local retail businesses for bags at no charge. Each store has different procedures for redeeming the voucher, please check at cashier or service desk for details.
Businesses that accept the vouchers include:
• Gerbes Supermarket, 1729 W. Broadway, 205 E. Nifong and 2900 Paris Road
• Hy-Vee, 3100 W. Broadway,25 Conley Road and 405 E. Nifong Blvd.
• Moser's Discount Foods, 705 Business Loop 70 and 4840 Rangeline Street
• Patricia's Foods, 900 N. Keene
• Schnuck's Supermarket,1400 Forum Blvd.
• Westlake Ace Hardware, 1910 W. Worley and 1900 Business Loop 70 E
• Menards, 3340 Vandiver Drive
Additional information about the voucher program can be found on the city's website at www.GoColumbiaMo.com (search: GoBagVoucher).
Vouchers are redeemable one time only as they are tracked by barcode and therefore can not be duplicated. New residents moving to Columbia will be sent a voucher within three weeks of signing up for city utilities. In an effort to reduce waste we are asking residents who do not need bags to not redeem the voucher. For questions about the vouchers, or if you expected to receive a voucher and did not, contact WasteZero, Inc. directly at 1-800-866-3954.