Contact: Columbia Public Works
Parking restrictions, trash collection, meeting schedules, and transit schedules for July 4
COLUMBIA, MO (June 28, 2013)
Columbia Public Works and Community Development remind our customers of the following changes to several city services over the July 4 holiday:
- Refuse and recycling services will not operate on Thursday, July 4. The landfill will be closed. Refuse and recycling pickup will be delayed one day following the holiday. Thursday routes will be picked up on Friday, and Friday routes will be picked up on Saturday.
- Columbia Transit will run on Thursday, July 4 with modified hours. Service will begin at 2:00 PM, be suspended between 8:00 and 10:00 PM during Fire in the Sky, and resume for the final route run at 10:15 PM from the Wabash terminal. A schedule is attached to this release.
- Parking meters will not be enforced.
- Parking will not be permitted on the surface lot at 5th and Cherry on July 4 from 5:00 PM to 11:30 PM. Vehicles parked on this lot after 5:00 PM will be towed at the owners expense. This lot is a required safety zone for the fireworks discharge site for Fire in the Sky.
- Parking will not be permitted in the 6th and Cherry parking garage on July 4 from 8:00 am to 11:00 PM. Vehicles parked in this garage after 8:00 am on July 4 will be towed at the owners expense. This garage is a required safety zone for the fireworks discharge site for Fire in the Sky.
- Administrative offices will be closed on Thursday, July 4 and reopen on Friday, July 5.
- The Planning and Zoning Commission meeting and work session scheduled for Thursday, July 4 is cancelled. The next Planning and Zoning Commission meeting and work session will occur on Thursday, July 18.