COLUMBIA, MO (July 3, 2013)
Maintenance work on Rangeline St. between Business Loop 70 and Wilkes Blvd. will result in lane closures, detours, delays, and transit detours the week of July 8.
Beginning on Monday, July 8, Rangeline St. between Business Loop 70 and Wilkes Blvd. will be closed to southbound traffic.
- Southbound traffic on Rangeline St. will detour south on 8th St. to Wilkes Blvd. and then east on Wilkes Blvd. back to Rangeline St.
- Northbound traffic on Rangeline St. will continue to use Rangeline St., although traffic will experience some delays and lane restrictions.
- The southbound lane of Rangeline St. from just north of Lakeview Ave. will be closed to help channel southbound Rangeline St. traffic onto 8th St.
- Southbound Rangeline St. traffic turning east on Business Loop 70 will proceed as normal.
- 8th St. between North Blvd. and Business Loop 70 will be one-way for southbound traffic.
- Columbia Transit route 103 NE Loop, will follow the detour for southbound Rangeline St. traffic and will not stop on Rangeline St. between Business Loop 70 and Wilkes Blvd.
- Columbia Transit route 101 North will continue to use Rangeline St. northbound although delays may be experienced.
The closure will allow crews to repair sections of the roadbed which have deteriorated significantly. After roadbed repairs are complete and cured, milling of the old surface and a new asphalt overlay will be applied later this summer.
Motorist, pedestrians, and cyclist are strongly encouraged to find alternate routes. When in the construction area, use extreme caution and expect delays.
We appreciate your patience while we work to improve Columbia's infrastructure.