Contact: Tammy Miller, 874-7465
Columbia Parks and Recreation is partnering with the City's Office of Cultural Affairs to hold Family Fun Fest: Creative Kids from 6 to 8 p.m. on September 18 at Flat Branch Park.
Don't miss stage entertainment plus interactive activities for children. Performing art schedule:
6 p.m. Performing Arts in Children's Education (PACE)
6:45 p.m. Missouri Contemporary Ballet
7:20 p.m. Babaloo Music and Fun (interactive musical comedy)
Visual and literary arts will include:
- Making a spaceship with Access Arts
- A-frames for chalk and dry-erase art
- Chalk art demonstration by Travis Nelson
- Activity with the City's C.A.R.E. Program
- Shaving cream art by Parks and Recreation
- Barrel Art by Columbia Public Works
- Create blooming ink tiles with Columbia Art League
- Collage with the Museum of Art & Archaeology
- Make a bookmark by the Daniel Boone Regional Library
- Mid-Missouri Woodcarvers demonstration and soap carving
- Face painting
- Magnetic poetry wall
The Creative Kids event is made possible with financial support from the Missouri Arts Council, a state agency.
The Family Fun Fests have been sponsored by the Convention & Visitors Bureau, KPLA 101.5, KOMU TV8, EntPro Entertainment and Columbia Home.
Call Columbia Parks & Recreation at 874-7460 for more information or visit www.GoColumbiaMo.com.