Contact: Eric Hempel, Housing Specialist, (573) 874-7241, eahempel@GoColumbiaMo.com or Leigh Britt, Neighborhood Services Manager (573) 874-7504, lcnutter@GoColumbiaMo.com
City invites participation at focus groups for consolidated planning process
COLUMBIA, MO (January 22, 2014)
The City of Columbia's Community Development Department invites Columbia residents to a series of focus groups to capture needs and priorities to guide how the city uses funds received from the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Input from these focus groups will be used as the city writes the five-year consolidated plan to guide how HUD funds are used locally.
Focus groups are scheduled to receive input on various elements of the consolidated plan:
- Affordable Housing -- Thursday, Jan. 23, 6:30-8 p.m. at Oak Tower, 700 N. Garth
- Community Facilities -- Wednesday, Feb. 5, 3:30-5 p.m. at the ARC, 1701 W. Ash
- Economic Development -- Thursday, Feb. 6, 6:30-8 p.m. at REDI offices, 500 E. Walnut, Suite 103
- Neighborhood Needs -- Thursday, March 13, 6:30-8 p.m. at the Blind Boone Center, 301 N. Providence Road
- Homelessness -- Wednesday, March 19, 3:30-5 p.m. at City Hall, 701 E. Broadway, Conference Room 1A
The focus groups are open to the public. For more information, call (573) 874-7244 or visit www.GoColumbiaMo.com and search "2015-2019 Consolidated Plan".