Columbia/Boone County Public Health and Human Services
|Optimal health, safety and
well-being for all.
|To promote and protect the health, safety and well-being of the community through leadership and service.
We invite you to be a part of our MAPP (Mobilizing for Action Through Planning and Partnerships) process. There are many ways to get involved. Click here to learn more!
- Proposed Amendments to Chapter 11 of the City Code as it relates to tobacco and e-cigarettes- Click Here.
- For information about Ebola, click here.
- For more information on the Live Well Restaurant program, click here.
- Warming Centers and Shelters locations for Winter 2014, click here.
- World AIDS Day 2014 Testing - Get Tested CoMo!
- Proposed Amendments to Chapter 16 of the City Code as it Relates to Marijuana - Click Here.
- 2013 Columbia/Boone County Community Health Assessment, click here.
- Food Code Updates - Updates to the City of Columbia Food Code were adopted by City Council on April 21, 2014, and will go into effect on June 1, 2014. Informational sessions were held earlier this year, click here for the handouts. The FDA Food Code contains the rules and regulations that food service establishments must follow to be in compliance with food safety laws. Click here for the most up-to-date code (the 2009 Food Code).
- Severe Weather - Click here to watch videos on how to stay safe during a tornado in a school, house or mobile home.
- Smart911 - Sign up for this free, potentially life-saving service today! In an emergency, your local 9-1-1 operator can access information that could help save your life. Register today at www.smart911.com
- 1,2,3,4,5,Fit-Tastic - Recently, we began a three year initiative to work with county partners in order to accelerate progress toward acheiving healthy weight and healthy lifestyles for all. Through a program called Boone County Fit-tastic, over 20 community partners have been trained in the 1,2,3,4, 5, Fit-tastic effort begun in Kansas City.
- Our long term goals include: increasing the proportion of children at a healthy weight; increasing the proportion of residents engaged in healthy eating and active living, and increasing policy and environmental changes to support healthy eating and active living.
- For more information check out the website http://fittastic.org/ or contact Maureen Coy at 573.874.7559.
- Expanded Services for Uninsured Women - The state of Missouri expanded its Uninsured Women's Health Services Program. Visit the state's website, view our flier or call us at 573-874-7356 for assistance.
Frequently Requested Information: