Columbia Hospitality Corps Volunteer InformationInterested in joining the Columbia Hospitality Corps?
Complete an application: Application to Volunteer
With the transition to the City Hall Visitors Center, we have held volunteer trainings in fall of 2012 for all volunteers. Future training sessions will be scheduled soon, or it's possible to be trained on an individual basis in the meantime.
An exciting new facet to the program coming in 2013 will be taking part in the Certified Tourism Ambassadors (CTA) Program. Some information about the CTA program can be found on this City Channel video.
Contact us to get started!
Shift times at the City Hall Visitor Center are 10:00am til 2:00pm and 2:00pm til 6:00pm, Monday through Saturday.
Current volunteers must login to view schedules and other program related information.
Access the City Hall Visitors Center Schedule
Contact the Volunteer Programs by one of the methods provided in the contact section below to obtain your username and password.
The Columbia Hospitality Corps has been developed to meet a number of needs related to visitor relations:
- Staff the City Hall Visitors Center
Volunteers will staff the City Hall Visitors Center located inside the lobby of City Hall, 701 East Broadway. Tasks will include greeting visitors, answering questions, providing information, and restocking brochures.
- Assist with providing information on Columbia at special events
Columbia Hospitality Corps volunteers may have information about Columbia at special events that many out of town visitors are attending, such as conventions, competitions, and functions in our community. The Convention & Visitors Bureau will provide the materials; you may be needed for display set up and tear down and to share information and answer questions from our visitors.
Columbia Hospitality Corps volunteers will be expected to…
- Assist at the City Hall Visitors Center, or other activity organized for CHC volunteers, at least four hours each month.
- Be a friendly face for the City of Columbia – first impressions count! You will be an ambassador for our businesses and residents.
- Have a neat appearance. Volunteers will be provided a shirt and name tag to wear after working three shifts. You are asked to wear navy or khaki pants or skirts that are in good condition while volunteering.
- Fulfill your commitment. If you have signed up to volunteer, please show up – we are counting on you! If you cannot fill your volunteer time, please call as soon as you are aware so a replacement can be found.
- Be knowledgeable about Columbia, our amenities and attractions. Much of this will be common knowledge to you, but it will still be helpful if you take time to learn more about Columbia’s restaurants, hotels, parks, and events so that you can share this with those visiting our city.
- Share feedback on your experience as a volunteer. We know there may be many ways that we can improve the program so that you can be a more effective volunteer. We want to hear your ideas and suggestions!
Volunteers interested in serving in the Columbia Hospitality Corps must agree to a screening process, including a background check and interview, before being placed in this program.
Columbia Convention & Visitors Bureau
City of Columbia– Volunteer Programs