Columbia Water & Light
For questions or concerns regarding your utility bill, please follow this link:
Utility Accounts and Billing — Finance Department
Electric Outage Map: view reported outages
Report water or electric service problems: 573-875-2555
Items of special interest
Change in the taste of water: During the summer months, the Department of Natural Resources recommends that Columbia Water & Light switch from the chloramine disinfection method to the chlorine disinfection process to reduce nitrification. During the time that chlorine is being used to disinfect the water, consumers might notice more of a taste and smell of chlorine than during times when chloramines are used. Customers who are sensitive to the chlorine taste can fill a pitcher with water and wait for several hours to drink it. Activated carbon filters will also reduce the chlorine taste. Customers using filters are urged to replace filters as recommended by the manufacturer to reduce the risk of harmful microorganisms forming.
- Water Quality Report and Complete Water Testing Results
Demand Side Management Report See the progress of Columbia's energy efficiency efforts.
- Renewable Energy Portfolio overview
- Proposed Electric Transmission Line Project Information: Sign up for e-mail project updates.
- Broadband Study Report: June 2014
Columbia Water & Light Strategic Plan
SURVEY: Do you want money to get rid of your extra refrigerator?
- Facilities Connection Requirements: for the electric system
- Conservation Tips Videos: Short videos on do-it-yourself energy and water efficiency projects.
- Try out our online energy audit to see how you can be more energy efficient!
- Have an Energy Star qualified home with our Home Performance program.
- Source Water Protection Plan
- Long Range Water Study
- Water Cost of Service Study
- Columbia Water Plant Expansion Study
- Water Quality Report and complete water testing results
- Information about water Boil Advisories/Orders
Columbia Water and Light is owned by the citizens of Columbia and welcomes your feedback. (e-mail: wlmail@GoColumbiaMo.com) Please let us know if you have problem finding information or would like something added to our web site.
Please see our contact page to reach us during office hours.