Free audits are available for all customers. Sign up now or call 874-7325 or try our online energy audit to see how you can be more energy efficient!
SURVEY: Do you want money to get rid of your extra refrigerator?
What is an energy audit?
Our free evaluation of your home or business will provide energy and water efficiency tips specific for your location. This program ensures that you will receive an unbiased review of habits, equipment and structure issues so you can make informed decisions as to where your conservation efforts will reap the highest returns.
What happens during an audit?
Our Energy Audit program is the first line of defense to saving resources and money. Many of the tips our specialist recommends are easy, low cost, do-it-yourself projects. Onsite visits last about an hour to an hour and a half. Included with the visit:
- A review of your electric and water consumption history
- An interior and exterior onsite evaluation
- Review of weatherization materials that will work best for your particular needs
- Lifestyle strategies to lower your usage
- Equipment energy use assessment and pay back periods for replacements
- Landscaping tips for keeping your house cool
- Eligibility for other Columbia Water and Light conservation programs
- How to clean and maintain your appliances
Why sign up?
If you have asked yourself any of these questions but didn’t know the answer, you need an Energy Audit:
- Are your windows air-tight? How do you seal them up? Should you replace them?
- Do you have adequate insulation?
- Do you have hidden water leaks?
- How much do your appliances cost to run?
- Is it cost effective to replace your heating and cooling system?
- Why does the temperature vary so much from room to room?
- Is buying a low flow shower head going to save me that much money?
- What new technologies are available to save energy?
Am I eligible?
All Water and Light customers are eligible
Why does Columbia Water and Light offer this service for free?
Columbia Water and Light started the Energy Audit program in 1979 as a tool for our citizens fight the energy crisis. Since that time the utility has added many more programs to help you conserve. Columbia Water and Light encourages efficient use of water and electricity because it can make a big difference for all of us. For you, the immediate benefit is lower costs. For the community, it means more resources and a cleaner environment for years to come.
Do I need to be there during the audit?
Many of the tips that our specialist recommends are easy, do-it-yourself projects that don't cost much money. For some simple ideas on how to make your home more energy-efficient, check out our:
For even more information on energy efficiency: