The Columbia/Boone County Department of Public Health and Human Services believes in the motto: Prevent. Promote. Protect. – which certainly applies to vaccinations.
Visit our Frequently Asked Vaccine Questions page for more information about immunizations/shots/vaccines provided. Information includes precautions, comfort measures, misconceptions, and health department policies.
We offer the following vaccinations:
- Routine childhood immunizations (DTaP, pneumococcal, Rotavirus, Hib)
- Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis A/B Combination Vaccine
- Meningococcal Vaccine
- MMR Vaccine – Measles, Mumps, and Rubella
- HPV (Human Papillomavirus) Vaccine- Cervical Cancer Vaccine
- Polio Vaccine
- Pneumonia (Pneumococcal) Vaccine
- Tetanus/Diphtheria (Td) Vaccine
- Varicella Vaccine – Chickenpox
- Influenza Flu Vaccine
We also offer tuberculosis testing.
How much do immunizations cost?
- There is a small fee for immunizations. However, no one will be turned away for the inability to pay.
Do I have to make an appointment?
- No appointments are necessary. Walk-ins are welcome Monday – Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
- For immigration purposes, please schedule an appointment.
- Flu (Influenza) or Vaccines and Immunizations – CDC
- Travelers’ Health – CDC – call toll-free 1-877-FYI-TRIP
- Six misconceptions about immunizations – CDC
- National Network for Immunization Information
- Institute for Vaccine Safety – Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System – CDC and FDA
- National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP) A federal “no-fault” system designed to compensate those who have been injured by childhood vaccines administered in the private or public sectors. Call: 800/338-2382.
- American Academy of Pediatrics – Immunizations
- Every Child By Two
- Immunization Action Coalition
- Vaccine Education Center